Manager, Asset Operations, Upcycle
We are looking for someone organized and detail-oriented, understands the value of strong processes, and is an experienced asset manager with excellent operational knowledge, preferrable who has been exposed to the wastewater treatment industry, supplemented by strong commercial, financial, and communication skills. This person is passionate about the type of work Generate is doing, looking to apply their experience to help scale a growing business and drive critical internal process efficiencies and initiatives.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as an Asset Operations Manager:
- Understand complex operating systems, evaluate, analyze efficiency, and process and operational improvement opportunities
- Perform regular site visits to engage with key personnel and observe operations firsthand
- This role will have overall responsibility for the Profit & Loss (P&L) and will involve planning, coordinating, and directing business operations, and project operating partners, to ensure resources are properly allocated and aligned with performance expectations.
- Develop short- and long-term strategic plans to drive financial health/performance and produce high returns.
- Challenge, probe, and question department heads when dealing with challenging operational or commercial issues that arise, and be comfortable making the final call on crucial operational decisions.
- Provide/participate in monthly and quarterly operational and financial reporting to senior management.
- Lead the preparations of annual operating plans of the facilities, and implement remedial plans as necessary
- Monitor and report on monthly financial and operation performance
- Comply with asset management standards across the upcycle portfolio for integration into corporate reporting
- Assess and inform the performance of Operations and Maintenance (O&M) providers and a quantitative and qualitative basis
- Monitor and assess the performance of project partners, plant managers, and other key stakeholders
- Interface with third-party administrative services to support accounting and financial reporting needs.
- Support project needs, growth, expansion, and capital maintenance projects through development, planning, and execution.
- Review and provide feedback on the scope of commercial contracts and agreements, identifying opportunities to increase product revenue and reduce operational expenditures.
- Assist in the due diligence on new investment opportunities
- Assist in the strategic reviews of new sectors and identification of new market and investment opportunities
- Review and understand permit reporting requirements, develop processes to ensure continuous compliance and complete record-keeping is being observed. Participate in permit renewal processes.
- Ensure high safety standards and best practices are being employed by the project personnel and contractors.
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
Submit Your Resume
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- An adept leader with exceptional business acumen, decision-making, and problem-solving capabilities.
- 7+ years experience in asset/operations management, preferably with exposure to Wastewater Treatment, Biosolids, Fertilizer Production, Chemical/Industrial Manufacturing, or other industrial material handling processes.
- BS in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Process Industrial Engineering, or related technical field.
- Familiar with Process and Instrumentation Diagram (P&IDs), Programmable logic controller (PLCs), Process Flow Diagrams, SCADA Systems, and Automation/Controls.
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented
- Prior experience as an asset and P&L owner
- Experience in the commissioning of industrial facilities, functional/performance testing, and acceptance.
- Experience in plant management from a commercial and business administration perspective.
- Must have a strong knowledge of GAAP project accounting, financial controls, and budget development
- Must have significant experience as a commercial lead including dispute resolution, contract negotiation, and business development/origination.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening
- Excellent organizational and self-management capability
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Ability to rapidly learn new concepts with minimal formal instruction
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility and curiosity, superb analytical skills; problem-solving is your default mode
- Experience in a growth company is preferable
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”