Director of Accounting
We are looking for a Director of Accounting to support our Finance team. They will be responsible for supporting the growth in our accounting function, working directly with our accounting and operational teams in driving system implementation and related projects. Reporting to the Controller, the mission of this position is to take a leadership role in developing our accounting platform to more fully support the evolving needs of our organization. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys detail-orientation and building, can work with limited guidance, and is excellent at communicating information clearly to a variety of stakeholders and across functions of a business.
You are a process- and results-oriented person, passionate about the type of work Generate is doing, and looking to apply your experience to help scale a growing business and drive critical internal process efficiencies.
If you have the below experience and capabilities, we’d love to hear from you:
Submit Your Resume
- Education and business experience in Accounting and MIS
- 10+ years experience including project management.
- Experience with S-1 registration and other SEC reporting
- Prior experience in developing detailed business requirements for systems implementations
- Prior experience with creating and documenting business processes and internal controls
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening
- Excellent organizational and self-management capability
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Ability to rapidly learn new concepts with minimal formal instruction
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility and curiosity, superb analytical skills; problem-solving is your default mode
- Experience in a growth company is preferable
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”