Associate/Senior Associate – Customer Analytics
We are looking for someone intelligent, confident, outgoing, organized, detail-oriented, and customer-focused. This person can think outside the box to create both technical and financially beneficial solutions that delight customers whose infrastructure needs we finance, as well as deliver profitable returns for Generate. This person can work in a multifunctional role that combines a technical understanding of sustainable infrastructure technologies, project finance, business development, and project management aspects. Also, this person can manage a variety of internal and external stakeholders and projects simultaneously while providing the highest standards of service.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as an Associate / Senior Associate:
- Building relationships and driving engagement with end customers to drive insights and potential sustainable infrastructure solutions that Generate will finance.
- Listening to and understanding the energy, resource, and sustainability needs of our larger customers and prospects. Propose and execute solutions consistent with Generate’s existing programs, including utilizing our partner ecosystem.
- Sourcing, screening, running analytics to assess opportunities with Generate’s existing non-residential end customers and existing technology sectors
- Support senior team members in engaging directly and representing Generate with customers
- Drive all customer insights and feedback to investment team members and all Generate platforms; Initiate working sessions with investment team if a customer’s need represents a large or scalable opportunity that is not yet a Generate targeted segment,
- Financial modeling and due diligence of new investment opportunities.
- Lead project progress meetings post-closing (interacting with partners, developers, consultants, engineers, and other external or internal project stakeholders) to bring to NTP a pipeline of projects Generate will finance, own, and operate.
- Lead and respond to relevant RFPs with partners and contract development firms.
- Support contract negotiation in coordination with Generate’s legal resources.
- Communicate project progress, risks, and issues both internally and externally.
- Act as the internal subject matter expert on all aspects of assigned work.
- 4-5+ years’ experience in an energy-related field (renewables preferred), with deep experience in modeling, diligence, and outreach, closing deals with customers (or other M&A transactions)
- Experience at an independent power producer, renewable energy or infrastructure consulting or finance firm working in a sourcing, development, and/or key diligence role.
- Exposure to reading and interpreting power purchase, capacity, and Energy-as-a-Service agreements.
- Knowledge of GAAP project accounting and finance concepts. Ability to create and/or adapt financial models that include tax equity and debt structuring
- Experience earning trust from C&I and MUSH market recommenders and decision-makers at all levels of their respective organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- MBA or equivalent work experience
Submit Your Resume