We are looking for a Communications Associate to help us drive Generate Capital’s brand equity through relationship management and coordination of activities with external and internal stakeholders. This person will report to our VP of Strategy, Market Development and Communications and partner with our Director of Marketing and Communications in working across our business, managing a variety of stakeholders and projects simultaneously. This position is ideal for someone who is a great communicator, organized and detail-oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced growing organization.
You are a process- and results-oriented person, passionate about the type of work Generate is doing, and looking to apply your experience to help scale a growing business and drive critical internal process efficiencies.
If you have the below experience and capabilities, we’d love to hear from you:
Submit Your Resume
- 2-4 years’ experience in marketing and communications at a high-growth or established organization in the US, with a high degree of exposure to sustainability topics
- Experience in power, waste, mobility, renewables or other industries Generate is active in
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented with proven ability to multi-task and proactively plan, manage, and execute multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Prior experience in communications/marketing program and project management
- Prior experience with social media campaigns and design tools (i.e. Adobe)
- Prior experience drafting materials for communications
- Excellent self-management capability and commitment to self-development
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross functional team
- Ability to rapidly learn new concepts with minimal formal instruction
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility and curiosity, superb analytical skills; problem-solving is your default mode
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”