ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a great communicator who is a creative and prolific content creator, organized and detail-oriented and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This person will work across our business, collaborating with a variety of stakeholders to tell Generate’s story externally through earned, owned and paid media. This person joins us from a renewables investment firm or one of Generate’s industries (power, waste, mobility, renewables), is a content creator who is passionate about the type of work we are doing at Generate and looking to apply their experience in scaling a growing, sustainable business. Hands on experience with social media, a public relations firm, and design welcome.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as the Communications Manager:
- Translate a deep understanding of our value proposition, offerings, industries and vision into impactful content to protect and grow Generate Capital’s profile as a thought leader in the sustainable infrastructure and investments space
- Create and maintain concise yet compelling content for a variety of channels (e.g., articles, websites, presentations, press releases, social media, programs, etc.)
- Collaborate across our company and create and manage training to ensure Generate consistently operates as one voice across teams and products in all external communications.
- Partner with executives and senior investors to identify, evaluate and prepare for speaking engagements.
- Coordinate media and media-related partners as necessary, developing relationships with significant reporters as needed.
- Ensure Generate Capital’s corporate messaging brand guidelines are followed throughout all marketing and communication channels.
- Continuously identify and seize opportunities within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the role
- Design and deploys marketing and communications strategy to support brand awareness
- Monitor and share results of all activities and campaign to optimize ROI
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
Submit Your Resume
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- ~5 to 7 years’ experience in communications function in financial products or technology solutions, ideally within the renewable energy and/or asset management sectors
- An excellent writer and storyteller with portfolio of press releases and thought leadership available for review
- Experience with creating high-end PowerPoint presentations
- Experience with press management through a PR agency, direct experience in dealing with press
- Experience in power, waste, mobility, renewables or other industries Generate is active in
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented with proven ability to multi-task and proactively plan, manage, and execute multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Prior experience in communications project management
- Prior experience with social media campaigns and design tools (i.e. Adobe)
- Excellent self-management capability and commitment to self-development
- Demonstrated collaborative mindset and ability to work effectively in a cross functional team
- Ability to rapidly learn new concepts with minimal formal instruction
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility and curiosity, superb analytical skills; problem-solving is your default mode
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”
- Result-oriented team player with proven ability to work in fast-paced collaborative environment
- Experience working for high-growth companies is a plus