Generate Capital is hiring a Corporate Counsel to support the General Counsel on securities, corporate governance and board matters, and general legal advice to the corporate operations.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Generate Capital invests in sustainable solutions spanning the infrastructure technology set, including solar, fuel cell, CHP, microgrid, smart cities, and mobility sectors. This position will provide legal support for maintaining strong corporate governance, handling board and investor matters, and other general corporate activities. This is a unique opportunity to grow your career while being involved in a mission-oriented, sustainable infrastructure company on the cutting edge of the resource revolution.
Reporting to: General Counsel
Location: Our headquarters based in San Francisco. We will also consider candidates based in New York or DC area. Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination and eligible boosters. Religious or medical-based exemptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as Corporate Counsel:
- Providing key corporate governance support to the Company and its interactions with its Board and Board committees, including drafting board resolutions, maintaining corporate records, and advising the management team on Board decision-making.
- Interpret and advise on Company obligations under its constituent documents and securities laws, including matters under Delaware corporate law and Delaware law relating to a public benefit corporation.
- Develop and maintain corporate policies, procedures, and processes and coordinate ongoing regulatory filings.
- Provide fundraising support for the Capital Markets team, including advising on private placements of equity, coordination of due diligence efforts, and ongoing legal advice to the Investor Relations team.
- Advise on general corporate matters, including HR matters, general contracting, and other matters that arise at the corporate level.
- Advise on general corporate matters, including HR matters, contract review and negotiation, and other legal matters at the corporate level.
- Become a part of the Company’s Legal Network as a subject matter expert in corporate governance for platform investments.
Candidate requirements and qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience at a law firm and/or in-house experience representing companies on matters relating to corporate governance under Delaware corporate law.
- Experience interacting with boards of directors directly or through advice to an executive team.
- Experience advising companies or investors on securities matters, including diligence matters, disclosures, and investor relations.
- Ability to draft and negotiate general commercial contracts, including agreements for consulting services, service providers, advisers, and other contracts.
- Prior experience in renewable energy, infrastructure, waste operations, or operating companies is a plus but not a requirement.
- A passion for, or demonstrated commitment to, our mission: proving that sustainability pays.
- Ability to swiftly complete a project, consummate transactions, and drive to resolution/solution to issues small and large.
- A collaborative mindset to create solutions and processes with the commercial team and other in-house legal team members
- Expert at applying knowledge in one industry/sector into new areas of investment.
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges.
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode.
- Superior project and time management skills and high attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Ability to focus on details while also able to see long-term goals and obstacles.
Generate Capital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit Your Resume