We are expanding our Legal team and are hiring an experienced attorney for the position of Counsel to primarily support the Asset Management team and the growing portfolio of renewable energy and sustainable infrastructure assets. Reporting to the Head of Legal, the mission of this role is to manage the legal aspects of our arrangements with partners, customer/off takers and service providers once a project has been installed or acquired and to streamline documentation and processes for building scalable responses to a diverse portfolio of operating assets.
You are a process- and results-oriented person, passionate about the type of work Generate is doing, looking to apply your experience to help scale a young business and drive critical internal process efficiencies.
Candidate requirements and qualifications:
• 5+ years at a law firm and/or in-house experience representing owners of operating assets – renewable energy or infrastructure sectors preferred, generalist commercial/contracts experience considered
• A passion for, or demonstrated commitment to, our mission: proving that sustainability pays
• Deep experience negotiating and drafting service contracts and various amendments for operating assets and other business arrangements
• Able to swiftly complete a project, consummate transactions, and drive to resolution/solution to issues small and large
• Expert at applying knowledge in one industry/sector into new areas of investment