Counsel, Credit & Capital Markets
Generate Capital is hiring a Counsel with the mission to provide legal advice to its Credit and Capital Markets teams, and to serve as a member of the internal Legal network.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as Counsel, Credit & Capital Markets:
- Provide support to Generate Credit, Generate’s recently established credit business with respect to all transactional, corporate and regulatory matters arising in its operations.
- Provide support to Generate’s experienced and innovative Capital Markets Team in connection with its capital formation responsibilities, including equity, bank loan and debt capital markets transactions.
- Utilize your skills and experience serving as both borrower and lender’s counsel to advise on a wide range of project finance, corporate finance, direct credit, securitization, high yield notes and other bespoke and structured financings.
- Apply your experience, your good judgment, and your acumen generally to creating scaled solutions, process, and responses to compliance matters under Generate’s debt and equity agreements and regulatory matters affecting Generate’s business.
- Assist in the training and development of Generate Credit’s investment team members by expanding their understanding of the legal strategy, structuring considerations and documentation associated with private credit transactions in the sustainable infrastructure market.
- Provide general advice and contract support to the Company.
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
Submit Your Resume
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- 6+ years at a law firm and/or in-house experience representing commercial banks, private credit providers, sponsors, developers, or IPPs in connection with both corporate and project financings related to sustainable energy assets.
- Demonstrated ability to draft and negotiate various types of project finance agreements, including credit agreements, collateral agreements and depositary agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct due diligence customary for a project lender with respect to various project development agreements, including site control, offtake, interconnection and transmission, EPC and O&M, and fuel supply (as applicable).
- Experience on a diverse range of credit transactions in addition to traditional single asset project financings. This may include—but does not require—experience with back-leverage or holdco debt, portfolio financings, debt capital markets, special situations/restructurings, acquisition financings, or warehouse facilities.
- Familiarity with M&A, securities and/or fund formation matters is preferred.
- Ability to swiftly complete a project, consummate transactions, and drive to resolution/solution to issues small and large.
- Expert at applying knowledge in one industry/sector into new areas of investment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Superior project and time management skills and high attention to detail.
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”