Counsel / Senior Counsel, Capital Markets
We are looking for a Counsel / Senior Counsel, Capital Markets to support our team in managing the growing portfolio of renewable energy and sustainable infrastructure assets. Reporting to the Head of Legal, the mission of this role is to to provide legal advice to the capital markets and broader team in the leverage of revenue-generating sustainable assets.
Ideally you are a process- and results-oriented person, passionate about the type of work Generate is doing, looking to apply your experience as a paralegal or contracts manager or administrator to help scale a growing business and drive critical internal process efficiencies.
If you have the below experience and capabilities, we’d love to hear from you:
Submit Your Resume
- 6+ years at a leading law firm experience representing borrowers and lenders in financing transactions, preferably secured lending, asset acquisition, project financing of energy or infrastructure assets and corporate finance.
- Solid experience negotiating and drafting term sheets, credit facilities, security arrangements, intercreditor and subordination agreements. Ability to prepare all the closing documentations and carry a transaction to a swift and complete closing as a principal negotiator and with outside counsel support.
- Helpful additional experience includes corporate finance, private placements, multinational work, working in-house at a bank or borrower, hedge arrangements.
- Expert at applying knowledge in one industry/sector into new areas of investment. Ability to condense multi-faceted technology-focused projects for lenders and other capital providers and their counsel.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple ongoing projects.
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good