Director, Corporate ESG
We are looking for a high-achieving team player who is passionate about sustainability to execute on Generate’s ESG initiatives, policies, and reporting to ensure our approach stays ahead of a rapidly evolving market and adheres to our responsibilities as a Public Benefit Corporation (“PBC”). You are organized and deal-oriented and will apply your experience to inform and drive critical internal and external initiatives while helping to scale a growing business. The ideal candidate will juggle – and juggle well –a variety of stakeholders and projects simultaneously while providing the highest standards of insight and service.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as the Director, Corporate ESG
- Responsible for continuity among all aspects of Generate’s ESG strategy across investing, operating, corporate and reporting activities.
- Support implementation of Generate’s ESG policies across the organization by working collaboratively across the offices of the Chief Investment Officer (CIO), Chief Operating Officer (COO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Chief People Officer (CPO).
- Work cross functionally with other teams within the company (e.g. investments, asset management) on interactions with appropriate stakeholders such as partners, customers, and community groups in relation to sustainability matters and material issues or assessments.
- Prepare shareholder and investor reporting on ESG performance and assist with ongoing reporting and assurance related to Green Financing opportunities and compatibility with Generate’s requirements as a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC).
- Engage with the business to identify, monitor and report on ESG initiatives, including sustainability performance reporting (e.g., carbon footprint, energy consumption, waste management, renewable energy production, etc.).
- Responsible for responding to ESG diligence inquiries made through investor, operational and other due diligence processes, and maintaining a database of such inquiries for quick reference.
- Serve as in-house ESG expert by keeping up with relevant industry trends, market developments and information through research and other reports and interactions.
- Represent Generate at ESG-related conferences, workshops and speaking events
- Build and maintain networks with appropriate ESG-focused organizations and agencies including governments, consultants, and suppliers.
- Develop and evaluate proposals for corporate and project sustainability initiatives to ensure Generate maintains a leadership position on issues related to sustainability and ESG factors.
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- 3+ years relevant and ESG specific experience, 7+ years career experience. Investing, banking or capital markets background a plus.
- Familiarity with sustainable finance and sustainable finance taxonomy: TCFD, GRI GRESB, SFDR, VRF/SASB, green bond principals, etc.
- Superb analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent quantitative skills.
- Ability to interface across roles and levels within and outside the organization, including Board members and investors through to Analysts and everyone in between.
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges.
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”
Submit Your Resume