Senior Manager or Director, Acquisition Diligence and Integration
Generate Capital is hiring a Director/Senior Manager to support the Accounting Team. Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, the mission of this position is to lead the accounting due diligence activities and integration initiatives for Generate transactions. This position will be responsible for coordinating accounting diligence and integration efforts and partner with our Investment Team, Asset Management, CFO organization, outside accounting and third party advisors, while providing excellent customer service and relationship management to all stakeholders.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as the Director/Senior Manager, Accounting Diligence and Integration
Submit Your Resume
- Financial Due Diligence:
- Work with third parties providing support for financial and accounting due diligence, including review of work products and managing/escalating matters of importance to Generate’s investment team and finance teams.
- Evaluate the integrity and accuracy of financial statements and financial information of target investments; accessing the quality of its finance and accounting function and internal controls and processes; identification of potential financial accounting risks.
- Purchase Accounting:
- Responsible for working with Generate’s accounting team and third party advisors as it relates to transaction accounting (e.g., purchase price accounting, valuation, business combination or asset acquisition, etc.).
- Liaison with investment team and Accounting and third party valuation parties on required data, model assumptions and support for audit requests related to the transaction accounting.
- Support for purchase price adjustments and/or contingent consideration associated with transactions.
- Responsible for integration of accounting and financial reporting operations into Generate’s operations to ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting.
- Review and set up Generate’s process for overseeing the financial control environment of acquired businesses, including establishing road map/work plans for integration.
- Evaluate various complex transaction structures against US GAAP and IFRS, recommends alternative structures to meet business and financial needs while complying with accounting principles and regulations.
- Support the investment team, participating in different strategic projects with internal cross functional teams and external advisors (i.e., financials due diligence, integration activities, divestitures)
- Coordinate and effectively communicate with various departments throughout the company and all levels of management regarding accounting issues.
- Drives continuous process improvements in both accounting due diligence, transaction accounting and integration to mitigate risks throughout the organization.
- A valuable member of the Finance team who leads by example and contributes to and effectively influences decisions.
- Serve as a mentor to others and has the ability to coach and develop cross functional team members.
- Integral to the finance function talent recruitment and development efforts.