Environmental Health and Safety Manager
We are looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Manager to lead the development of an enterprise health, safety and environmental strategy, performance and compliance platform as we continue to grow as an organization. Reporting to the Asset Management Operations Manager the mission of this position is to develop a best-in-class safety platform and culture permeating throughout all levels of the organization.
You are a process- and results-oriented person, passionate about the type of work Generate is doing, and looking to apply your experience to help scale a growing business and drive critical internal process efficiencies.
If you have the below experience and capabilities, we’d love to hear from you:
Submit Your Resume
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field required; Masters degree desirable.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
- Hands on experience with performing audits and writing reports.
- Previous working experience in the safety industry with 10 years of experience 3-5 years in a management role.
- A team builder who is able to coach and mentor team members and work closely with employees on their continued development.
- Develops and maintains good relationships, gains the confidence of others and works effectively in a multidisciplinary matrix environment.
- Strategic thinker with creative and excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Resilient self-starter, who can act independently and learn quickly within a rapidly evolving environment.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, adobe acrobat, salesforce
- Prior experience with creating and documenting business processes
- Excellent organizational and self-management capability
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross functional team
- Ability to rapidly learn new concepts with minimal formal instruction
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility and curiosity, superb analytical skills; problem-solving is your default mode
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good