Financial Analyst, Upcycle
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for an Analyst to support several assets within our various Waste Management asset classes, including anerobic digesters, compost, wastewater treatment, and renewable natural gas. The role is cross functional, the mission of this role is to provide financial modeling, process improvement, organization, financial reporting for budget management, compliance management, and cost controls.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as a Financial Analyst, Upcycle
- Working closely with Accounting and FP&A to ensure the accuracy of asset financials, assist in responding to audit requests, and produce monthly variance analysis
- Assist with onboarding new assets and acquisitions to the portfolio, including capital funding, documentation, and ensuring that other internal stakeholders receive necessary information and deliverables
- Manage financial models to include monthly results and assist in due diligence and formulation of operating assumptions for regular asset forecasting
- Interact with key stakeholders and cross functional teams that relevant to the portfolio, including but not limited to general managers at the operating facilities, investment team, finance, accounting, incentive program managers, and manage disputes and other issues as needed
- Drive organization and optimization of software platforms to contribute to building an operating business
- Strive to understand the operations of each facility and identify opportunities for performance improvements, actively keeping abreast of current market trends, technological developments, and strategies employed by other owners.
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
Submit Your Resume
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- 1-3+ years of experience in an asset management or finance support role, with at least two years of that experience focused on some financial modeling.
- Experience in an operating company or waste management experience is preferable
- A working knowledge of basic accounting and financial reporting terminology and concepts
- Excellent organizational and self-management capability
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional teams
- Knowledgeable and dependable presence with experience working with management
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good” and drive to get the best possible outcome in an efficient timetable