We are looking for a Manager, FP&A to be a core member of our Finance team. They will be responsible for providing sound financial planning and thoughtful analysis that supports strategic decision-making and tells the financial story of Generate Capital. Reporting to our VP, FP&A, this position is ideal for someone with a history of working within corporate finance, who has strong analytical capabilities and a knack for managing a team beneath them.
You are a process- and results-oriented person, passionate about the type of work Generate is doing, and looking to apply your experience to help scale a growing business and drive critical internal process efficiencies.
If you have the below experience and capabilities, we’d love to hear from you:
Submit Your Resume
- 10+ years of finance, financial planning and analysis experience with a track record of all-in ownership and delivering impact, including 2+ years of managing people
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, economics or equivalent
- Accountability for financial forecasts, monthly reporting, and variance analysis
- Expertise with financial statement analysis and a knowledge of corporate finance concepts
- Capable of using financial performance data to develop a narrative explaining performance, draw conclusions, and make recommendations to senior management
- Ability to convey complex financial information in a clear and concise manner
- High level of proficiency in building and understanding Excel financial models
- Familiarity with major corporate ERP or EPM systems (Adaptive Insights and Microsoft NAV a big plus)
- SQL experience or willingness to learn
- Detail-oriented and experienced with multi-tasking and shifting priorities quickly under pressure and tight deadlines
- Capable of building trust and fostering a collaborative work environment
- Comfortable working up and down the organization, as well as across teams.
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good