Generate Capital is hiring a Paralegal to support the Legal Team. Reporting to Senior Counsel, the mission of this position is to support in all aspects of deal closings, including preparing and reviewing closing deliverables, coordinating real estate and permitting documentation, providing support across billing and other administrative priorities for the legal department, and assisting in corporate/entity management, all while providing excellent customer service and relationship management to all stakeholders.
We are looking for someone organized and detail-oriented, who loves to make chaotic situations run smoothly, understands the value of strong processes (while helping to build those processes) and will jump-in head first to our existing processes and transactions and provide support across the legal team and the entire organization. This person is passionate about the type of work Generate is doing, looking to apply their experience to help scale a growing business and drive critical internal transactions and initiatives. This person can juggle – and juggle well – managing a variety of stakeholders and projects simultaneously while providing the highest standards of service.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as a Paralegal:
- Provide support to the legal, capital markets, investment and project delivery teams on closing of project acquisitions, tax equity financings, debt financings, and other investment structures
- Prepare certificates, resolutions, operating agreements and other corporate documentation in connection with such closings and in support of our general entity management functions.
- Interact with title companies, outside counsel and other consultants with respect to title policies, survey preparation, permitting requirements and various other project development-related deliverables.
- Corporate entity maintenance and recordkeeping, including assisting with management of board minutes and resolutions
- Apply your experience and good judgment to create solutions, processes and responsibilities that are scalable and will streamline the development and buildout of a world-class portfolio of sustainable infrastructure assets.
- Provide billing and/or other administrative support to Generate’s growing legal team, as identified.
- Be a part of a high-performing, collegial and supportive legal team
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
Submit Your Resume
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- 6+ years experience as a transactional paralegal at a law firm or in-house position; experience with energy, asset acquisition and/or project finance transactions a plus
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented
- Ability to swiftly complete a project, consummate transactions, and drive to resolution/solution to issues small and large
- Prior experience with creating and documenting business processes
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening
- Excellent organizational and self-management capability
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross functional team
- Ability to rapidly learn new concepts with minimal formal instruction
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility and curiosity, superb analytical skills; problem-solving is your default mode
- Unimpeachable integrity
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”