Product Manager, Data & Technology
Submit Your Resume
We are looking for a Product Manager, Data & Technology to serve as the intermediary and translator between business partners and our data & technology team. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the mission of this position is to ensure Generate’s technology-oriented initiatives are well-understood, managed effectively, and delivered successfully. This position is ideal for someone who is passionate about making chaotic situations run smoothly, is enthusiastic about utilizing technology to further improve processes, and excited to work across functions of a complex and growing organization.
You are a process- and results-oriented person, passionate about the type of work Generate is doing, and looking to apply your experience to help scale a growing business and drive critical internal process efficiencies.
If you have the below experience and capabilities, we’d love to hear from you:
- 3+ years experience in a product management role with a demonstrated proficiency in translating ambiguous business problems into concrete solutions
- 2+ years experience in an energy-related field (renewables preferred)
- Strong technical expertise covering key platforms (e.g. Tableau) and languages (e.g. SQL, Python, Tableau)
- Exposure to core business operations processes & systems (e.g. finance, accounting) and back-office operations preferred
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of agile development best practices
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented; demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross functional team
- Ability to rapidly learn new concepts with minimal formal instruction
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility and curiosity, superb analytical skills; problem-solving is your default mode
- Experience in a growth company is preferable
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission