Security and Compliance Engineer
We are looking for a Security and Compliance Engineer to support our Data & Technology team. Reporting to the IT Director, the mission of this position is to protect our infrastructure, operation and data securing Generate Capital’s infrastructure against insider/outsider threads. This person will continually investigate suspicious activity while overseeing threat detection, response and remediation, plan cloud security with multiple business-critical applications., and stay on top of the latest security techniques and implementation. You will also help with some day-to-day systems administration tasks. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys wearing multiple hats, passionate about security and IT, organized and detail-oriented, who loves to make chaotic situations run smoothly, and understands the value of strong processes.
You are a process- and results-oriented person, passionate about the type of work Generate is doing, and looking to apply your experience to help scale a growing business and drive critical internal process efficiencies.
If you have the below experience and capabilities, we’d love to hear from you:
Submit Your Resume
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- Exposure or proficiency in the following platforms. Azure, Azure Active Directory, Intune MDM, Office365, Salesforce, box, Zoom, Slack and Okta
- Experience with vulnerability management tools
- Ability to create standard operating procedures
- Previous experience as a Network or Systems administrator
- Proficiency in endpoint detection and response tools, CASB tools and DLP/backup
- Cloud environment architecture and deployment in AWS, Google Cloud and/or Azure
- Linux administration and OS hardening
- Firewall configuration
- Strong technical competence up and down the technology stack – user interface, applications, communications, infrastructure, data, network etc.
- Self starter
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ year of IT experience
- 4+ experience in Cyber Security
- Knowledge of Encryption
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”