Selling, General, and Administrative Expense (SG&A) Analyst/Associate
We are looking for a high-caliber individual with strong analytical capabilities, superior quantitative horsepower, and a deep interest in Generate’s mission and strategy, to help achieve our financial and business objectives. This person will be able to handle extremely confidential information capably and be able to have a high level of responsibility and exposure.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as the Selling, General, and Administrative Expense (SG&A) Analyst/Associate
- Work as part of a small (but growing) team as an integral part of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with a broad base of stakeholders and serve as a key point of contact for planning and reporting issues
- Execute quantitative and qualitative analyses for SG&A
- Support the Annual Investment Plan budgeting process by consolidating HC and SG&A submissions from budget owners
- Support month-end close and monthly reporting (HC and department level SG&A variance analysis, Load SG&A forecast data into Adaptive)
- Work cross-functionally with legal, asset management, capital markets, and underwriting to improve SG&A forecasts, analyze risks, and help ensure SG&A remains within budget
- Perform ad hoc reporting to support HC & SG&A planning
- Identify areas of improvement in processes, make recommendations, and drive implementation.
- Work on process improvements to improve SG&A data quality, level of data detail, and the speed at which reporting can be delivered
- Understand systems and data flow; work with the Technology team to optimize tools used for SG&A reporting
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- 1-5 years of related experience in finance or accounting required; SG&A specific experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A demonstrated passion for, or experience in, renewable energy
- Solid excel skills required, Excellent excel skills helpful
- Experience and/or Interest in learning Tableau
- Experience and/or Interest in systems improvement (reporting automation) and business process improvement
- Familiarity with basic accounting concepts required
- Familiarity with rolling forecasts and drivers-based variance analysis
- Familiarity with major corporate ERP or EPM systems helpful (Adaptive Insights and Microsoft NAV a big plus)
- Extreme attention to detail
- Capable of building trust and fostering a collaborative work environment
- Comfortable working up and down the organization, as well as across teams.
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
Submit Your Resume
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”