Senior Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
About the job
We are looking for a high-caliber individual with strong analytical capabilities, superior financial/quantitative horsepower, and a deep interest in Generate’s mission and strategy, to help achieve our financial and business objectives.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as the Senior Analyst, FP&A
- Work as part of a small (but growing) team as an integral part of FP&A
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with a broad base of stakeholders and serve as a key point of contact for planning and reporting issues
- Design, create and manage high-impact financial models
- Coordinate with the underwriting and asset management teams to deliver monthly actual vs. budget and forecasts.
- Ensure models comply with our reporting framework and modeling standards
- Execute quantitative and qualitative analyses for projects and operations
- Ensure FP&A reporting is consistent with accounting; resolve discrepancies (aligning chart of accounts, entities, and data)
- Support annual and long-range budgeting and forecasting, month-end close
- Work cross-functionally with legal, asset management, capital markets, and underwriting to improve forecasts
- Work collaboratively across teams, providing actionable insights to help drive better business decisions
- Provide clear and concise variance explanations
- Assist in the preparation of materials for monthly management reports and quarterly board meetings (financial data and other KPIs)
- Perform ad hoc reporting to support asset management and the underwriting team
- Identify areas of improvement in processes, make recommendations, and drive implementation.
- Understand systems and data flow; work with Technology team to optimize tools used for financial reporting
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
Submit Your Resume
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- 3-5 years of related experience in finance or accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A demonstrated passion for, or experience in, renewable energy
- Familiarity with basic accounting concepts required (e.g. ability to build a 3-statement financial model)
- Familiarity with rolling forecasts and drivers-based variance analysis
- Capable of using financial performance data to develop a narrative explaining performance, draw conclusions, and make recommendations to senior management
- Ability to convey complex financial information in a clear and concise manner
- High level of proficiency in building and understanding Excel financial models
- Familiarity with major corporate ERP or EPM systems (Adaptive Insights and Microsoft NAV a big plus)
- Extreme attention to detail
- Capable of building trust and fostering a collaborative work environment
- Comfortable working up and down the organization, as well as across teams.
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.