We are looking for a Senior Associate to be a key member of our Asset Operations team at Generate Capital. Reporting to the Operating Partner, this person will assist in identifying, verifying, modeling, and developing new investment opportunities with Generate’s existing Fortune 1000 companies and customers. You will be the first point of contact for Generate’s various customers, helping evaluate and creating solutions for profitable returns across customers whose infrastructure needs we finance.
You are a process and results-oriented person, passionate about Generate’s mission, and want to help scale a growing business.
If you have the below experience and capabilities, we would love to hear from you:
Submit Your Resume
- 4-5+ years’ experience in an energy-related field (renewables preferred), performing project finance deal structuring, modelling, diligence, and outreach.
- Prior experience at an independent power producer, renewable energy or infrastructure finance firm working in an investment diligence and sourcing role.
- Exposure to reading and interpreting power purchase, capacity, and Energy-as-a-Service agreements.
- Knowledge of GAAP project accounting and finance concepts. Ability to create and/or adapt financial models that include tax equity and debt structuring
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening
- Excellent organizational and self-management capability
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross functional team
- Ability to rapidly learn new concepts with minimal formal instruction
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility and curiosity, superb analytical skills; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk and the unknown, recognition that we’re never going to be perfect and that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”