Senior Associate, Project Finance
We are looking for a Senior Associate, Project Finance to help to support our capital formation efforts with project debt solutions and expertise. The mission of this role is to assist with the successful structuring, negotiation and closing of third-party capital for Generate’s sustainable infrastructure assets. Using your project financing transaction expertise and comprehensive market knowledge you will play an integral role in all aspects deal execution, coordinate with internal stakeholders and external partners, and be responsible for due diligence, modeling, closing and funding transactions. An ideal candidate for this position is incredibly analytical and quantitative while also a great communicator and relationship builder.
You are a process- and results-oriented person, passionate about the type of work Generate is doing, and looking to apply your experience to help scale a growing business and drive critical internal process efficiencies.
If you have the below experience and capabilities, we’d love to hear from you:
Submit Your Resume
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline or equivalent work experience, with outstanding academic record and high level of personal integrity
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience with a demonstrated track record of execution of project finance debt transactions (e.g. project & structured finance team in a bank or sponsor, investment banking, leveraged finance)
- Outstanding analytical / quantitative and technical abilities, including expert command over project finance modeling concepts; prior tax equity structuring and modeling experience is a plus
- Strong ownership mentality for all aspects of the financial modeling, due diligence, and deal execution process
- Strong understanding of project finance concepts, accounting, and financial statements
- Excellent PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Flexibility: We seek an individual who is both creative and commercial and who is comfortable managing multiple work streams and projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Intelligence and humility; unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”