Generate invests in sustainable solutions spanning the infrastructure technology set, including in solar, fuel cell, CHP, microgrid, smart cities, and mobility sectors. This position will serve as provide legal and strategic advice to the investment teams
structuring, reviewing, negotiating and managing corporate equity investments in platforms that develop, construct and operate
infrastructure projects, whether minority or controlling interests. We are looking for someone process- and results-oriented,
passionate about the type of work Generate is doing, looking to apply their experience as a corporate M&A attorney. This is a
unique opportunity to work on all aspects of delivering and operating sustainable infrastructure solutions on the cutting edge of the
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as Senior Counsel:
• Provide legal, strategic and transactional support to the Investment Team making corporate equity
investments in sustainable technology developers and operators. You will develop and lead the legal
due diligence for corporate equity investments and work across functions areas within Generate to
evaluate corporate equity investments and present to the investment committee.
• Provide ongoing guidance to the investment team and the company generally in the management of
existing corporate equity investments.
• Develop efficient debt structures for leveraging corporate equity investments to optimize returns.
• Assist in the training and development of underwriting and due diligence templates to create
consistency across the investment team when assessing corporate equity opportunities.
• Provide general advice and support to the Company on other legal matters, including contract disputes and prelitigation
Candidate requirements and qualifications:
• 10+ years at a law firm and/or in-house experience representing investors making corporate equity
investments in privately held sponsors, developers, or IPPs developing and operating sustainable energy
• Experience negotiating and drafting related corporate M&A documentation, including stock
purchase agreements, joint ventures, operating agreements and other strategic partnerships.
• Understanding of securities law and general corporate governance practices, including the
development, monitoring and maintenance of corporate governance policies.
• Understanding of project finance and debt financing of renewable energy and sustainability project
• A passion for, or demonstrated commitment to, our mission: proving that sustainability pays.
• Ability to swiftly complete a project, consummate transactions, and drive to resolution/solution to issues
small and large.
• Expert at applying knowledge in one industry/sector into new areas of investment.
• Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well
as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
• High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations
or new challenges.
• Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode.
• Superior project and time management skills and high attention to detail.
• Entrepreneurial spirit: Ability to focus on details while also able to see long-term goals and obstacles