Senior Manager/Manager, Accounting Policy
Generate Capital is hiring a Senior Manager/Manager to support the Accounting Team. Reporting to the Controller, the mission of this position is to monitor, evaluate, and implement proposed and newly issued accounting standards, including US GAAP, IFRS and SEC regulations, document and maintain accounting policies, and support technical accounting of the business transactions, while also providing excellent customer service and relationship management to all stakeholders.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as the Senior Manager/Manager, Technical Accounting
Submit Your Resume
- As a subject matter expert, work with the business and others in the organization to identify, resolve and document complex accounting issues and pending transactions.
- Prepare and review accounting memoranda providing documentation of the Company’s application of accounting principles to specific transactions or events.
- Evaluate various complex transaction structures against US GAAP and IFRS, recommends alternative structures to meet business and financial needs while complying with accounting principles and regulations.
- Support the investment team, participating in different strategic projects with internal cross functional teams and external advisors (i.e., financials due diligence, integration activities, divestitures)
- Coordinate and effectively communicate with various departments throughout the company and all levels of management regarding accounting issues.
- Monitors standard-setters for latest accounting regulations, analyzes impact of new/emerging regulations on the company and proactively develops policy to address standard adoption and implementation.
- Lead training sessions for company-wide finance personnel on both US GAAP and IFRS accounting.
- Maintains strong relationship with external auditors; confers with external auditors on various transactions; documents transactions and decisions.
- Strong SEC reporting knowledge needed and the ability to review SEC filings to provide value-added comments in the process.
- Drives continuous process improvements to mitigate risks throughout the organization.
- A valuable member of the Finance team who leads by example and contributes to and effectively influences decisions.
- Serve as a mentor to others and has the ability to coach and develop cross functional team members.
- Work with other accounting departments in the Generate company portfolio on implementing new accounting standards.
- Integral to the finance function talent recruitment and development efforts.