Vice President/Principal – Investment Team
We are looking for an Investment Team Vice President/Principal to help underwrite and manage our growing portfolio of resource efficiency assets. The mission of this role is to provide leadership managing a team of investment professionals to help us drive our investment decisions and maximize returns for our shareholders. We are looking for an entrepreneurial and driven investor with impeccable values, standard-setting empathy and a high-speed mental clock.
You are a process- and results-oriented person, passionate about the type of work Generate is doing, and looking to apply your experience to help scale a growing business and drive critical internal process efficiencies.
If you have the below experience and capabilities, we’d love to hear from you:
Submit Your Resume
- History of working in the sustainability sectors, with a deep understanding of renewable resource markets, lifecycles and technologies (including electricity markets, water markets, waste systems and agriculture)
- Strong executive presence with an ability to build trusted relationships with partners, customers, lenders, service providers and investors
- A history of measurable achievements (i.e., track record) as an investor in Generate’s current or future focus sectors or sub-sectors including an ability to generate new investment ideas to produce attractive risk-adjusted returns
- Knowledge and track record of underwriting and structuring several investment securities, including project/sponsor equity, mezzanine debt, corporate equity, senior debt, tax equity, etc
- Proven track record of leadership, demonstrated by a strong followership from junior colleagues and peers with exhibited success hiring, leading and motivating highly- effective teams, ideally with experience managing people with diverse backgrounds and skillsets
- Comfort with corporate strategy analysis frameworks and data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to work within a multifunctional organization that includes investment teams, asset management, legal, human capital, and finance.
- A willingness to constructively express dissent to senior executives
- Ability to nimbly move between widely varying functions—analytical to creative; strategy to execution
- Ability to adjust quickly to evolving technology and market circumstances and comfort with the inevitable uncertainties involved in leading an investment team in a pioneering, entrepreneurial firm