Vice President, UK Investment Team
We are looking for a Vice President to join our UK Investment Team to continue growing the market-leading portfolio of sustainable infrastructure projects in Europe – from thesis origination through deal execution and the management of third-party relationships. We are looking for someone committed to finding, structuring and closing the best deals in sustainable infrastructure working with leading companies and other professionals to prove that sustainability can achieve market-leading returns, and your good judgment has been a key to your successes.
You are a process- and results-oriented person, passionate about the type of work Generate is doing, and looking to apply your experience to help scale a growing business and drive critical internal process efficiencies.
If you have the below experience and capabilities, we’d love to hear from you:
Submit Your Resume
- 8-10 years of relevant investment experience in energy, renewables or infrastructure sectors with reputable corporates, developers, private equity or infrastructure funds
- Deep understanding of renewable resource markets, lifecycles and technologies (including electricity markets, water markets, waste systems and agriculture)
- A history of measurable achievements (i.e., track record) as an investor in Generate’s current or future focus sectors or sub-sectors including an ability to generate new investment ideas to produce attractive risk-adjusted returns
- Knowledge and track record of underwriting and structuring several investment securities, including project/sponsor equity, mezzanine debt, corporate equity, senior debt, tax equity, etc
- Comfort with corporate strategy analysis frameworks and data-driven decision-making
- Strong executive presence with an ability to build trusted relationships with partners, customers, lenders, service providers and investors
- Strong quantitative/ analytical skills, knowledge of financial modelling and projection
- Established professional relationships in the energy/ technology sectors and proven track record in originating successful investment opportunities
- Proven ability to work within a multifunctional organization that includes investment teams, asset management, legal, human capital, and finance.
- Ability to nimbly move between widely varying functions—analytical to creative; strategy to execution
- Ability to adjust quickly to evolving technology and market circumstances and comfort with the inevitable uncertainties involved in leading an investment team in a pioneering, entrepreneurial firm
- Demonstrated ability to guide, mentor and oversee junior team members, including review of financial models and investment documentation
- Ability to lead, inspire, and earn trust from others; deliver success, growth, and difficult change when necessary
- Entrepreneurial spirit exhibited through hustle, grit & resilience: flexibility to do whatever it takes, comfort with risk and the unknown, recognition that we’re never going to be perfect and that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”
- Extremely deft communicator: listening, empathizing and communicating well with a range of audience types, especially customers and partners and navigating difficult, sometimes acrimonious situations to reach win-win solutions and deep, long-term business relationships
- Fluency in English required, additional languages are a plus